5181 SW 27th Terrace
Ft. Lauderdale, FL. 33312
Bird Workshops, Field Trips & Classes
Home • About Us • Schedule • Bird List • Reviews • Fees • Contact Us
Tropical Adventures • Everglades Fest • Florida Adventures • Bird Classes • Costa Rica • Panama
with PADDY CUNNINGHAM
Biologist, Expert Guide and Birding Instructor
“Where YOU learn the I.D.”
“Intense Birding at a Relaxed Pace.”
For more info. eMail Paddy at:
or call: (754) 201-1141
Take a birding adventure to explore the natural areas of Florida searching for Florida specialties, rare and seasonal visitors. Through series of field trips, expert guiding, classes and field instruction, YOU will gain knowledge, increase identification skills, add life birds, and enjoy touring with friends. My motto is YOU LEARN THE I.D.!!
- Mon. Labor Day, Sept. 5 – Flamingo Gardens Native Bird Festival 9:30am to 4:30pm
- Tues. Sept. 6 – Audubon of the Everglades Meeting 7 p.m.
- Sun., Sept. 11 – Ascend to Better Birding-Part I-The Tools of the Trade- Flamingo Gardens-2:00-5:00 p.m. bird class
- Sun. Sept. 18 – Hawks Galore-Raptor bird class Bonnet House-2:00-5:00 p.m.
- Sun., Sept. 25 – Ascend to Better Birding-Part II-A 10 step approach to better identification bird class
- Sept. 29-Oct. 2 – 7th Annual Bird Festival, Fairchild Tropical Gardens, Coral Gables
- Oct. 8 & 9 – Florida Keys Hawk Watch Weekend Adventure
- October 23 – Ascend to Better Birding-Part I-The Tools of the Trade-bird class
- November 6 – Ascend to Better Birding-Part II-A 10 step approach to better identification bird class
- November 11-13 – North Florida Weekend Adventure-St. Mark's NWR, Wakulla S.P., Ponce De Leon Springs S.P., Alligator Point, Sweetwater wetlands, O'Leno S.P.
- Sun., Nov. 20 – Plantation Preserve Birding Audubon FREE walk 1:30-5:30 p.m.
- December 3-4 – STA 5 and Archbold Biological Station Weekend Adventure
- December 11 – Bird Behavior-A Key to Better I.D. bird class
- Sat. Dec. 17 – Christmas Bird Count South Florida Audubon Society
- January 8 – Birding by Habitat-bird class
- Thur. Jan 12-16 – EVERGLADES BIRDING FESTIVAL-Co-sponsored by SFAS and Birding Adventures
- January 27, 28, & 29 – Space Coast Birding Festival, Titusville, Fl. Birding by Ear & Habitat workshops
- February 12 – Birding by Ear bird class
- March 4-5 – Indian River Lagoon Merrit Island NWR, Viera Ponds, Cape Canaveral N.S. Weekend Adv.
- March 19 – Birding by Season-Right Bird, Right Time, Right Place-bird class
- March 24-26 – Grand Bahamas Tropical Adventure
- April 8 – Birding in the Field-Green Cay and Wakodahatchee Wetlands Field Trip. Celebrate!!
- Sat April 22/Sun April 23 – Ft. DeSoto, Celery Field, Cecil Webb/Babcock Weekend Adventure Getaway
- Sat., April 29 – Hugh Taylor Birch State Park / Evergreen Cemetery Birding FREE Audubon walk
- Sun April 30 – Native Plant 101-Botany made easier-plant class, Bonnet House, 2-5 pm
- Sun May 21 – Attracting Birds and Butterflies to your yard-plant class, Bonnet House, 2-5 pm
- June 18-22 – Jamaica Tropical Adventure
***IF YOU NEED HELP IDENTIFYING A BIRD***In order for your me to help you in identifying your birds you need to be specific and give more details and information. Examples-does a bird have a pointed beak (warbler) or thicker seed eating beak (sparrow)? Where did you see it? High in a tree or low to the ground? Size-sparrow sized or larger-cardinal size?
Remember watch the bird carefully and record any and all information you can-size, shape, feeding behavior, habitat-marsh, forest, shoreline, place found- shrub, tree, water's edge, etc., any special field marks-wing bar, eye rings, color on tail, etc.. in order to help us identify the bird. Watch it as long as you can before it flies away.
Take the information you have observed and recorded in field notes and look in the book for possibilities. If you have an idea what you think it might be, this helps us eliminate possibilities and narrow down what it might be. I hope this is helpful.
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO MAKE A RESERVATION CALL (754) 201-1141 OR e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org